PROBLEMS CAUSED BY HYDROGENATED OILS
Fat, also known as lipids to the medical industry, are used for many functions within the body.
- Fat surrounds every cell in the human body in the form of phospholipids.
- Glands use lipids to make hormones.
- Components of the immune system are made from lipids.
The human system uses lipids for many different reasons and requires lipids to work, which is why the wrong type of lipids can cause many diseases in the human system.
One of the most common fats we put into our bodies is partially hydrogenated oil. You'll see partially hydrogenated oil on the grocery shelf as vegetable oil, canola oil, sunflower oil...just about every oil on the shelf with a few exceptions. Those exceptions are cold pressed oils such olive oil, coconut oil, the rare cold pressed canola oil. Hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils are used throughout the American food industry. Go ahead...pull some baked or fried goods from your kitchen and read the labels. They're in there!
Problems caused by hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils:
- Directly promotes heart disease
- Promotes cancers: breast cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer
- Results in low birth weight infants
- Raises LDL (bad) cholesterol and lowers HDL (good) cholesterol
- Raises blood sugar levels and promotes weight gain
- Interferes with the absorption of essential fatty acids and DHA
- Impairs brain function and damages brain cells
- Accelerates tumor growth
- Accelerates the progress of type-2 diabetes
- Raises serum cholesterol
- Impairs immune system function
- Promotes attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Impairs development of the brain in fetuses
- Causes gallbladder disease
- Causes liver disease
- Causes 30,000 deaths per year in the United States alone
- Clogs blood, makes blood cells stick together
- Blocks the body's creation of natural pain-reducing local hormones (eicosanoids)
- Causes the creation of free radicals that promote inflammation
- Creates nutritional deficiencies of healthy oils and essential fatty acids (EFAs)
- Promotes cystic fibrosis
- Causes dandruff and acne
- Lowers essential fatty acids in the breast milk of nursing mothers
- Clogs artery walls and promotes atherosclerosis
- Cause gum disease and rotted teeth
- Lowers tissue oxygen intake
- Causes infertility
- Directly damages blood vessels
- Causes high blood pressure
- Weakens cell walls and compromises cellular structure
When we replace healthy sources of fats with partially hydrogenated oil, we cause catastrophic system failure and chronic diseases.
The human body cannot tell the difference between healthy fats and unhealthy fats, the body just uses what is available. This is why we need to remove unhealthy fats from our diet and add back healthy oils.
Our government is not going to protect our health, it is up to us to protect ourselves from toxins like hydrogenated and partially hydrogenated oils.